Do you require an alternative to soft-lithography microfabrication? Because the Sublym™ hot embossing machine is a great option for easy and quick production of microfluidic chips.
The Sublym™ is a hot embossing machine, using heat and pressure to mold a variety of materials in a matter of minutes, including Flexdym™, COC, PMMA and PS. Consequently, it serves as a great alternative to soft-lithography casting. More specifically, the Sublym100 has been optimized for Flexdym™ polymer molding in only 2 minutes, but it can also be used to mold various other thermoplastics, including PMMA.
Check out below additional advantages of the Sublym™:
- Easy-to-use, with no extensive training is needed to operate it. The Sublym™ is the perfect equipment for accelerating projects.
- An ultra-compact design, that’s not much bigger than a laptop. The Sublym™ is dramatically smaller than standard commercial hot embossing machines, weighing up to 500 kg.
- A user-friendly system, that is only powered by electricity. You can plug-and-play in the smallest of spaces.
- Dramatically cheaper than other microfabrication equipment. The Sublym™ makes microfluidics more accessible to everyone.
4 Easy steps to create Flexdym chips using the Sublym™:
- Cut a Flexdym™ sheet to the size of your device.
- Next, mold the sheet by placing the sheet, between your mold and the counter mold (included in the Sublym kit), inside the machine.
- Then, unmold the sheet and create inlet/outlet ports. Check out our metal punch pliers for this step.
- Finally, laminate sheet onto substrate. Flexdym™ can bond to various materials including, itself, glass, PDMS, PS, PC, COC, COP and PMMA.
A note to our Flex users: the Sublym also serves a great bonding aid for standardized Flexdym™ chip bonding.
This microfabrication countertop companion allows quick prototyping and production of microfluidic chips at a push of a button! What else could you need?
Want to find out more on what types of molds to use in hot embossing? Check out our Epoxym™ kit, solution for replicating molds.